2015 - Concordia - One Heart
Corpus Christi conference 2015
Corpus Christi is an international Lutheran conference for people aged 18 and above.
- biblical teaching by excellent international speakers;
- rich, meaningful, Christ-centered worship;
- fellowship with both young adults and pastors from all over the world;
- The joy of creation experienced in the beautiful summer city of Riga in Latvia.
The topic of Corpus Christi in 2015: Concordia — One Heart
Churches are divided. People are divided. What really binds us together is the heart of the one and only, our Lord Jesus Christ, who had his one heart pierced for our salvation, so that we could be one body and one heart in Him and find peace in our own hearts and harmony with one another. In Christ we are one heart. In His body, Corpus Christi. This conference addresses many of the questions we face today which often lead to confusion, disunity and unrest. Only by searching the one heart of Christ we may find harmony — Concordia!
The main speaker for this Summer’s conference is Rev. Jacob Corzine, who serves as a campus pastor in Pretoria, South Africa.
- One heart — with whom? Juhana Pohjola from Finland will speak about what it means to be one heart in your own congregation, with Christians from other denominations, as well as with nonbelievers.
- One suffering heart. Jan Bygstad from Norway will discuss what a theology of the cross and a theology of glory means, persecution for Jesus’ sake in the Bible (“If they persecuted me, they will also persecute you.”), as well as hope in the midst of suffering (from cross to crown) — highly relevant in a time of bloody persecution of Christians.
- Whatever you do, work heartily. Indulis Paičs from Latvia will explore the everyday duties of Christians. In all stages of life, whether at home, in society or in church, we are called to serve the Lord. “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men,” says the apostle (Col 3:23).
- The Network of Young Lutheran Theologians will offer a session for theology students and younger pastors: 1) The Confessions as one heart: what does this mean? 2) What do we do with the Confessions? 3) Where should the Confessions take us?
The ELCL Youth Center
The ELCL Youth Center is the largest project of the Youth Department of the Evangelical Lutheran Church of Latvia. Various activities for young people take place there every year, and many Christian conferences are hosted there. The ELCL Youth Center is going to be the central venue for the Corpus Christi conference in 2015. The ELCL Youth Center is located in Old Town — Rīga, Mārstaļu street 10.
- by ferry — you can walk from the Riga harbor to the Youth Center in about 15 minutes;
- by bus — you can walk from the Riga International Coach Terminal in about five minutes;
- by plane — you can reach the ELCL Youth Center by bus 22 from the Riga International Airport in about 25 minutes, getting off the bus at the second bus stop after crossing the river Daugava, at the shopping center “Stockmann” (bus stop “Autoosta”).
Conference fee covers sleeping on floor. For families there is organized separate place apart from the rest of the group, but also sleeping on floor.
For an additional 40 EUR, you can stay in a hostel booked by us, meaning you will be able to stay comfortably together with other conference participants. Make your choice in the signup form. It is also possible to arrange accomodation on your own, here are some options:
Conference fee: € 70
The conference fee must be paid before the 1st of June. Starting from this date, the fee is increased to € 90.
The conference welcomes young adults and students (18+), as well as theology students and younger pastors (Network of Young Lutheran Theologians arranges a special program). Previous conferences have been attended by participants from Sweden, Finland, Norway, Denmark, Latvia, Germany, UK, US, Canada, Ukraine. We hope to see you here as well!
What to bring with you:
- A Bible
- Sleeping bag and mattress (for those who choose sleeping on the floor)
- Clothes for indoor and outdoor activities in typical Latvian Summer weather
- Personal belongings such as toiletry bag, towel
Like our Facebook page to stay updated on news from Corpus Christi!